I was recently nominated (in June) for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is similar to the Versatile Blogger Award. You answer the 11 questions sent to you by the nominator, then nominate up to 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.
It has taken me a little while to get to this, but I really appreciated the nomination by Elizabeth Eisenhaur (True Story. Really.) I had a lot of fun answering the questions, and making up some of my own. Hope you enjoy!
Questions from nominator:
1. Do you have a motto, or a quote that you try to live by? I try to live by this: Love others and treat them how you want to be treated.
2. How is being an adult different from what you expected? As a child, I always thought once I grew up I would always know what to do in any situation. Then I grew up and realized it wasn’t that easy. 🙂
3. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? I’ve always wanted to be able to read people’s minds. It so interesting to try and figure out what motivates people to do the things they do. If I could read their minds, I would just know.
4. Is there anything you are bad at – really bad at – that you enjoy doing anyway? Dancing! I love to dance, but I really don’t have much rhythm.
5. Plotter, pantser, or something in between? Definitely a panster. Sometimes after I have a first draft I go back and outline for some clarity, but I never outline beforehand.
6. What do you remember most vividly about your childhood? Summer days at my grandparents farm. I love it there!
7. What is the most unusual thing about your blog? I’m not sure this necessarily unusual, but almost all the photos I use on the blog are mine. I love photography, and enjoy taking photos to us for my blog posts.
8. What one thing would you grab (aside from people and pets) if there was a fire? Probably my computer. I wouldn’t want to lose all the things I have saved on it.
9. When did you know you were an adult? When I had no one to tell me where to go and when to go there, and I realized I could do whatever I wanted.
10.Where was your last vacation? Williamsburg, VA.
11. Did you notice that these questions are in alphabetical order? No.
Blogs I’m nominating: These are all great blogs, some are writers, some are book bloggers, and some have a little bit of everything. Hope you enjoy them like I have!
Questions for nominees:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What are some of your hobbies (besides writing)?
- What is the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
- What is the first thing (that you haven’t yet done) on your bucket list?
- If you could choose to spend a day anywhere in the world, where would you spend it?
- Are you a cat person, a dog person, or both?
- What do you do to get rid of writer’s block?
- Which of your blog posts is the best one/favorite one you’ve ever written? (Feel free to share a link to the post.)
- What do you most want readers to take away from reading your blog?
And to the nominees, I understand if you have time constraints that won’t allow you to answer the questions. I look forward to reading the answers of those who do have the time!