Summer is finally here! It’s my favorite season, and everything seems a little better when the warm weather rolls around. It’s also a great time for reading – reading on vacation, reading outside, reading by the pool, reading at the beach – you get the idea. So I always have big reading plans for summer. Here are challenges I’ll be participating in this summer:
#30booksin3months hosted by Jessica Brody. (Most posting for this is on Instagram.) This one is pretty simple. You have until Labor Day to read thirty books. Here’s where I’m at currently:
#SummerFun Bingo hosted by @fourthhouseontheleft and @staycurious over on Litsy. If you don’t know what Litsy is, check out my blog post about this social media platform here. This app is totally based on books, so if you’re an avid reader, you’re going to want to check it out.
My local library’s summer program:
Each week they are releasing new challenges. Here are the challenges so far:
- Libraries Stand Against Racism. (reading The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas)
- Library Summer Reading Booklist Challenge. (reading Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison)
- Read a Book From a Different Perspective from your own. (reading Beautiful on the Outside: a Memoir by Adam Rippon)
- Seasonal Favorites (spring, summer, winter, or fall in the book title, reading The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones)
- Read a Graphic Novel. (reading Anne Frank’s Diary: the Graphic Edition)
What about you? What are your summer reading plans? Are you participating in any summer reading challenges? Let me know in the comments!