I have a lot of writing goals, some more achievable than others. 🙂 For this year, I wanted to narrow in on a few primary goals, divided by topics. Since it always great to have accountability, I’m sharing them here with you all.
As of right now, I have seven completed manuscripts in various stages of revision. One I have set to the side, unsure if I can get it into the proper form for publication. My current WIP is the closest to publication ready, and this is the one I’m focusing in on for this year. I also have a sequel – the manuscript is nearly complete, so I would like to finish that manuscript this year as well.
- Finish all the revisions/edits for my current WIP (TBSK).
- Prep TBSK for publication.
- Complete first draft of NN.
- Start revisions/edits of NN.
Another thing I want to focus on is this blog! I’m fairly good at posting, but I know I could do better. 🙂
- Post at least once a week, ideally twice a week.
- Create newsletter incentive.
- Send newsletter out periodically.
- Grow Instagram and Twitter.
- Plan out content for posts.
I do lots of reading – especially in the genre I’m writing. I participate in several reading challenges each year, and you can check out the challenges I’m doing this year here.
But I don’t read as much nonfiction, and I want to read more books on all aspects of writing. So, my goal is to read at least one book on writing per month.
What about you? What are your goals for 2021? Let me know in the comments!