I was nominated for one other award this summer – the Liebster Award. It’s taken me awhile, but I’ve nominated a few of my favorite blogs for this award. This works similar to the other awards.
You answer the questions from the person who nominated you. Thanks to Marge Tesch for nominating me! After answering the questions, you nominate up to 11 other people, then ask them 11 questions.
Questions from Marge:
1.How long have you been blogging, and what motivated you to start your blog? I’ve been actively blogging about a year and a half. I started my blog as a way to communicate with my readers and share all the info about my upcoming books.
2. In a single sentence, what is your blog about? On my blog, I share good books as well as bits of my life with my readers.
3. How did you decide on the name for your blog? It’s my author blog, so by default it got my name 🙂
4. Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts and how often do you post? I get inspiration from lots of things: books, movies, things that happen to me. I try to post once a week. (I’m better at this some times, and not so good at it at other times.)
5. Do you ever get “writer’s block,” and, if so, how do you deal with it? Not a lot, but when I do have trouble thinking of something to write about, I take a step back from the computer. I go and do something else for awhile. When I come back, I am usually able to come up with something.
6. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? Could you provide a link to that post? This is a hard question, but after skimming through my blog post, I decided on Interview with Jessica Day George. This was the first author interview I did. It was pretty exciting and a lot of fun to do!
7. What is the best advice you can give your fellow bloggers about how to get new subscribers? Interact with other bloggers. Comment and share.
8. Do you belong to any writers’ or bloggers’ associations and, if so, which ones? I am in several facebook writer groups – Platform Challenged, Word Nerds Unite, The Motivated Writer, and Institute of Children’s Literature
9. Where will we find you on social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
10. Other than blogging, what is your favorite activity? Spending time with family. I also like reading a lot 🙂
11. What one thing would you like to be remembered for? Writing books that people love and remember forever. I want my books to inspire people.
These blogs all have great content. You’ll want to check them all out if you haven’t seen them before. A lot of them have some cool Instagram accounts too!
And My Nominees:
Questions for nominees:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What are some of your hobbies (besides writing)?
- What is the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
- What is the first thing (that you haven’t yet done) on your bucket list?
- If you could choose to spend a day anywhere in the world, where would you spend it?
- Are you a cat person, a dog person, or both?
- What do you do to get rid of writer’s block?
- Which of your blog posts is the best one/favorite one you’ve ever written? (Feel free to share a link to the post.)
- What do you most want readers to take away from reading your blog?
And to the nominees, no pressure. I understand as writers and readers we have busy lives. I look forward to reading the answers to the questions when you have a chance to post them!