February’s pick for our writer’s book club was Story Genius by Lisa Cron. I really enjoyed it, and I feel like it ties in really well with our March pick which is Save the Cat Writes A Novel by Jessica Brody.
Here are the discussion questions for Story Genius (You can post the answers here in the comments, on your own blog, or even on the post over on Instagram.):
- Did you do some/all of the exercises in the book?
- If so, which ones did you find most helpful?
- Cron views “plotting” and “pantsing” as writing methods and says they don’t work. What are your thoughts about this?
- Which part of the book was your favorite or that you found to be most helpful?
- Do you have any other thoughts about the book?
I’ll post my answers/review within the next couple of days, and I’ll try to get the questions for Save the Cat up earlier. I was running behind with these questions. Keep an eye on my Instagram stories, as that’s where I’ll post the poll for April’s book pick.