It’s hard to believe we are more than a week into February already! It’s one of my favorite months, mainly because it’s my birthday month, and I love celebrating all month long. This year one of the ways I’m celebrating is by watching some of my favorite romcoms. A few are not actually romcoms, and I’ve noted these. So in no particular order are the movies I’m planning to watch:
- How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days – Matthew McConaughey and Kate Husdon work well together and this one always makes me laugh.
- Miss Congeniality – This is an all-time favorite. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses and I’ll watch anything she starrs in.
- Ever After – (Not technically a romcom)This one is also an all-time favorite. I love that it is a Cinderella retelling and that Da Vinci plays a role in the story!
- 27 Dresses– I also love this one. It’s a unique storyline, and I think that’s why I like it so much.
- Just My Luck – This one is another kind of unique story line which is why I think I like this one as well.
- When in Rome – I really like Kristen Bell and watch pretty much everything she is in. I also liked the whole traveling to another country aspect in this movie.
- John Tucker Must Die – This one just makes me laugh so much!
- Yesterday – This is the newest movie on the list. I think it came out in 2019, and it was one the best movies I’ve seen in the last few years, so it made the list.
- 13 Going on 30 – This is another all time fav. I love the flashback to the eighties too!
- What A Girl Wants – This is another teen flick, but I really like it, especially because of Daphne’s laid back vibe.
- While You Were Sleeping – Another all time favorite
- The Proposal – Sandra Bullock, what can I say? 🙂
- Never Been Kissed – another classic favorite.
- Just Go With It – Another one that makes me laugh everytime.
- Life As We Know It – This one features one of my favorite tropes – parents die and unsuspecting couple has to raise their kid(s).
And these last five are based on books:
16. The Princess Diaries – I love this one! It came out my senior year in high school, so there’s a lot of nostalgia tied up in this one. Also, Julie Andrews as Queen – yes please!
17. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – I read the book first, but really like the movie too!
18. Water for Elephants – (Not a romcom) I saw the movie first and loved it, then read the book and loved it even more. It was a book I couldn’t stop thinking about for awhile after I read it.
19. Emma (1996 version) – I haven’t actually watched the new one yet, because I’m kind of afraid to. I feel like Gwyneth Peltrow did such a good job portraying Emma, that no one else could surpass it.
20. Little Women (1994 version) – (not a romcom) I did enjoy the newest version that came out in 2019. However, I thought Beth wasn’t portrayed accurately – she doesn’t have red hair for one, and her character came off as too flat to me. So the 1995 version is still my favorite. There’s also nostaglia tied up in this one as it’s the one I watched over and over as a kid.
Have any of the same favorites? If not, what are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!