If you’ve been following my blog for very long, you know how much the novel Little Women has influenced my life and my writing career. I just saw the new movie, and I loved it. Since my birthday is coming up this next month, I decided it’s the perfect time to celebrate with a challenge all about Little Women.
There will be three components to this challenge and a giveaway at the end. The first component is a read along through the novel, the second is a photo challenge (you can post on all social media sites with #littlewomencrbdaycelebration), and the third one is a movie watching challenge. There have been so many movies made, and I’d love to know which adaptation is your favorite. I’ve seen most of them, but am always willing to watch them again.
Book Read Along:
- Chapters 1-12 (Feb. 1- 8)
- Chapters 13-24 (Feb. 9-15)
- Chapters 25-36 (Feb. 16-22)
- Chapters 37-47 (Feb. 23-29)
- 1933 version with Katherine Hepburn
- 1949 version, Elizabeth Taylor wears a blonde wig and plays Amy
- 1978 two part TV version
- 1994 version, the one I grew up watching
- 2018 Masterpiece Theater three part series
- 2018 modern retelling movie
- 2019 Little Women
Since there are so many versions, you may not have time to watch all of them during the month, but try to choose at least four (one a week) of them to watch.
- Favorite/your edition of Little Women.
- Favorite movie version of Little Women.
- Selfie reading Little Women
- Favorite character in Little Women
- Bonus post: Little Women merch
- Bonus post: All your copies of Little Women
- Bonus post: A Little Women retelling
I’ve made some graphics for each part, which you can share across social media and on your blogs.
Here’s a link to my Goodreads list of Little Women retellings: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/43870902-charity-rau?shelf=little-women-inspired
Giveaway: At the end of the month, I’ll draw a name to receive a prize package containing a collectible edition of Little Women along with the Little Women writing gloves (from Storiarts, pictured in photo at the top of the post), and maybe some other goodies. Each blog comment below and each social media post with the #littlewomencrbdaycelebration will count as one entry into the drawing. (If winner is from outside of USA or Canada, you’ll receive prize value on a Amazon gift card.)