Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Girl. To find out more about the top ten theme, or to join in the fun go here.
This week’s topic is: books set in another country. I live in the US, so these books are all set in countries other than the US.
I read a lot of fantasy where the story takes place in a made up land, so I had to think about this one a little. Here’s what I came up with:
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer, set in China, or at least a futuristic version of China.
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, set in France
3. Cress by Marissa Meyer, set in Egypt
One of the reasons I love The Lunar Chronicles so much is because they happen in so many different places.
4. Hunted by Meagan Spooner, set in Russia
5. Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
6. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, set in England
7. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco, set in Romania
I love this series for so many reasons – the mystery, the romance, the Victorian era… I can hardly wait for the final two books.
8. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury, set in Arabia/Persia
9. A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston, set in Arabia/Persia
10. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George, set in Romania
What’s your favorite book set in a country other than your own? Let me know in the comments! 🙂